Basecamp cabins have been built to incorporate modern conveniences whilst also adding a touch of rustic charm. We have three luxurious, homely, clean and fully equipped self-catered cabins nestling in a hectare of tranquil native woodland with views of the beautiful mountains and volcanoes that surround them. Each cabin boasts its own private garden, perfect for relaxing and getting away from it all. Basecamp is great for children too, the 2.5 traffic-free acres can be enjoyed and explored as a private adventure playground.
The cabins feature the following benefits:
- Log burning fires (logs are provided free of charge during the winter season and cold spells)
- Fully equipped kitchen including electric oven, fridge freezer, gas cooker, kitchen utensils, plates and cutlery
- Very comfortable bedrooms
- If you’ve forgotten your hairdryer don’t worry, we have one that you can use
- Bathroom (with bath tub and shower attachment)
- We provide sheets, duvets, towels and bathmats but do recommend that you bring sandals or slippers to wear in the chalets
- All the cabins have a starter pack supply of toilet rolls, bin bags and washing up liquid
- Spacious open plan living and dining area with a fully equipped kitchen
- Cosy and comfortable living area with two sofas, TV LED 32” with satellite DirecTV (basic plan).
- Private roofed terrace accessed from the living/dining room
- Each cabin benefits from undercover private parking area for up to 2 cars and there is ample parking at the front of Basecamp, which you are welcome to use
- Family sized cast iron BBQ
- All new large double glazed windows and doors from which you can enjoy the views
- Top of the range insulation
- Located in a quiet and peaceful setting and a convenient 5 minute walk from the local shop and various local restaurants and cafes
- Ski/snowboard friendly entry hall boot room for you to store your gear in.
- Automatic hot water system available 24hrs.
- Emergency power in the event of grid failure.
- On-site English and Spanish speaking owner.
- Due to their environmental and noise impact Basecamp has decided not to install a swimming pool on-site
- Basecamp’s cabins are strictly non-smoking and pet-free
Other Services Available (not included in the price of your cabin):
- Ski / Board lessons: we are ski and snowboard instructors and are familiar with the local mountain terrain so please speak to us if you need any help, advice or a few hints and tips
- Ski / Board hire/servicing: we want to make the start to your holiday as easy as possible and can arrange for your skis and boards to be ready for you in the chalet when you arrive so that you’re all set for the slopes the following morning. Pre-booking prices are exceedingly competitive and we can arrange ski equipment to suit all ages and levels
- Your very own guide: see the Basecamp Adventures tab for more details
- Transfers: we can arrange your transfer to Basecamp from local airports and train stations, including transfers to and from other locations (thermal pools, ski resort etc.). Please get in touch with us for more information and prices.
- Advance grocery shopping: our local store has the bare essentials but if you’re staying for more than a couple of days why don’t you have us do your grocery shopping for you?
- Basecamp Welcome Packs: why not make you arrival a little less stressful and order one of our Basecamp Welcome Packs? The Basecamp Breakfast Pack is ideal for you if you are arriving at the chalet late in the evening, as it provides everything you will need for your first mornings breakfast. The Basecamp Piste Pack includes all the items in the breakfast pack plus the basic essentials to start you off, and the Basecamp Off-Piste Pack is the same as the Piste Pack with the addition of alcohol. Ask us for more details and prices.
- Satellite TV: In Basecamp we invite you to connect with your family and nature and disconnect from technology. Treat yourselves to a “mental vacation” … What’s the worst that can happen if you turn off your phone, computer or TV for a couple of day. This is the perfect opportunity to find a better connection in the woods and mountains. However, Basecamp does have Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) and satellite TV (DirecTV) which can be have a small additional charge.
- Our cabins are provided in excellent condition, if you require daily or regular housekeeping, this has an additional cost.
- Special occasion? We are more than happy to arrange birthday cakes, champagne for special occasions or other treats that you might have in mind. Please let us know in advance if anyone will be having a birthday or if your holiday is to mark a special occasion.
- Coal for your BBQ, this available to buy in the local minimarket.
- Laundry service: if you need anything washing or drying just let us know – the price list is set out in your cabin guide.
For advice on any of the above please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to talk you through everything. We are happy to spend time with you discussing the options for passes, ski hire, lessons etc. either via a phone call or email. Please do let us know how we can be of help to ensure that when you arrive for your holiday everything is arranged to make your stay as relaxing as possible.